Ecological Justice | Research | Policy Statements | Church Resources | Living Ecological Justice | Take Action | News
Cost per copy: $15.00 CAD. You will be able to choose the quantity on the next page. Cost per copy: $21.00 CAD. You will be able to choose the quantity on the next page. Cost per copy: $31.00 CAD. You will be able to choose the quantity on the next page.
Canadian orders (includes shipping and handling)
U.S. orders (includes shipping and handling)
International Orders (includes shipping and handling)
Cost per copy: $15.00 CAD. You will be able to choose the quantity on the next page.
Cost per copy: $21.00 CAD. You will be able to choose the quantity on the next page.
Cost per copy: $31.00 CAD. You will be able to choose the quantity on the next page.
Wondering what on earth we’re doing? Looking for an inspiring, relevant, and practical resource on ecological justice?
Living Ecological Justice: A Biblical Response to the Environmental Crisis is a faith-based learning tool for Canadian Christians trying to live out the justice mandate to care and advocate for creation. It follows on the successful Living Justice: A Gospel Response to Poverty (2011), which was praised for being both inspiring and usable.
The book is organized around three themes:
- Protecting What We Love – creation advocacy includes protecting the creation that God loves and is making whole through the Spirit’s renewing work in the world as an icon of Christ’s redeeming presence.
- The Biblical Case for Creation Advocacy – rooted in scripture, creation advocacy unites spirituality with scientific, ecological, and political insight in both an assessment of current challenges and the revelation of hope.
- Towards Abundant Life for All Creation: Worship, Community, and Action – creation advocacy is a manifestation of God’s work in the world.
CPJ regularly facilitates workshops on faith and creation care, using "Living Ecological Justice." Contact Karri Munn-Venn for more information.
Issues are explored through scripture with reflections, discussion questions, activities, and prayers by Canadian Christians from the Anglican, Catholic, Christian Reformed, evangelical, Lutheran, Mennonite, Presbyterian, and United church traditions. Editors are Mishka Lysack and Karri Munn-Venn.
We’re asking challenging questions:
- How do we become closer to Christ through a deepening relationship with creation?
- How do we move from the idea of human dominion of the earth to one of creation justice?
- What does it mean, from an Indigenous and biblical perspective, for God to have a covenant with all of creation?
- How can ecological justice become part of our worship services?
- What will it take for Canadian churches to step up their advocacy efforts in the face of climate change?
With its public justice lens on the interconnections between ecological, social, and economic issues, this book provides new information, insights, and inspiration to those who are already active in the ministry of creation advocacy and care, as well as those who are new to the issues.
An excellent resource for individuals, small groups, and congregations. Order your copy now!