CPJ is currently hiring for the position of Refugee Rights Policy Analyst. Within the context of CPJ’s core public justice documents the Refugee Rights Policy Analyst will provide high quality policy analysis and public justice framing of a range of issues affecting refugees as determined from time to time by CPJ’s board and senior leadership. The position will involve working with a wide range of people and communicating effectively and widely.
Since this is a core position in CPJ’s work community, the successful candidate must express commitment to CPJ's faith-based vision for public policy work and agreement with CPJ’s core public justice documents.
The ideal candidate will:
- Demonstrate effective leadership in public justice framing of refugee policy debates.
- Have a strong understanding of how public policy develops, how to shape policy debates, and how to scan the public policy environment to gauge developments and monitor trends.
- Be able to respond promptly, strategically and consistently to a range of policy issues as they evolve.
- Be a strong communicator, organized and possess appropriate computer skills
- Possess a relevant university degree or comparable experience.
- Be able/willing to travel and to work flexible hours.
Bilingualism (English/French) will be a strong asset.
Start date is March 2019/Early Spring (negotiable). Application letter and curriculum vitae must be received by February 17, 2019, and submitted to the attention of The Executive Director, at email@example.com.