A faith-in-action campaign to increase climate justice in Canada.
Many Christians mark Lent by “giving up” a bad habit or distracting practice. During the 40 days leading up to Easter, this symbolic sacrifice provides space to reflect and refocus, tune-in to our Christian calling, and renew our commitment to God. This year, why not focus your Lenten fast on preserving God’s creation?
CPJ invites you to Give it up for the Earth! from February 14 to March 29, 2018.
For 40 days, commit to make changes in your life to reduce your greenhouse gas emissions, and let the federal government know that you want them to end all subsidies to the fossil fuel sector right away.
The Give it up for the Earth! postcard (and online form / formulaire française) includes a pledge to individual climate action, and a call for the government to end all subsidies to the fossil fuel sector right away.
There are two ways to get involved in Give it up for the Earth!:
- Host an event or gathering in your community. Gather a group and distribute pledge/postcards for participants to make a personal commitment and call on the government to act. Use the form below to order materials.
- Make a personal commitment and sign a virtual postcard now using our online form. (formulaire française)
Give it up for the Earth! materials:
- campaign pledge/postcards (Sample - PDF)
- posters (vertical, horizontal)
- a “How to run a Give it up for the Earth! event” guide
- a faith and climate backgrounder
- a climate policy backgrounder highlighting the issue of fossil fuel subsidies
Completed postcards will be returned to CPJ for delivery to the Minister Catherine McKenna at a conclusion of the campaign.
Thank you for your interest! Take courage knowing that you are among 140+ faith communities across Canada participating in Give it up for the Earth! For more information, please contact Karri Munn-Venn. firstname.lastname@example.org | 613-232-0275, x. 223.News: Ecological Justice